I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I find it oddly reassuring that even someone as smooth, confident and emotionally mature as Novel can be just as much of a basket case as the rest of us when it comes to obsessing over exes. On the other hand, if he’s having trouble keeping it together, what hope is there for the rest of us? However you slice it, new mixtape single/video Nightcall finds the Booth-acclaimed singer/songwriter/rapper-producer in a position that most of us have occupied at one time or another. Flowing over a downbeat, synth-driven instrumental borrowed from French electro-house producer Kavinjsky‘s Nightcall, Novel gathers his thoughts regarding a woman who recently walked out of his life. Though he admits, “I’d probably make a better living if I focused on the game,” he can’t seem to stop mentally rehashing the fights, the lies, and the late-night text battles that led up to their split. Moody yet cathartic, this cut is just one of many fresh, creative jams to be found on the artist’s Red Wine & Ambien tape. Keep it locked for the latest on the project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.