If you’re reading this on Sunday night you probably don’t have a hot date for Valentine’s Day. That’s alright, you’re better off with DJBooth anyway. We never try to change you, we’re always here for you and, best of all, we bring along some mood music. Here to shoot a musical arrow through our hearts is Defying the Predictable co-author Novel, who’s celebrating Cupid’s day with his (somewhat misleadingly titled) N.*.G.G.A. (Valentine’s Song). Produced, of course, by the man himself, N.*.G.G.A. appropriately leans on a sparkling piano line, smoothly subdued percussion and even a jazz sax to create a seductive sonic template for Novel to drop some subtly sexy vocals complete with lyrics about, what else, bedroom magic: “Say hello to my bed…say goodbye to those clothes.” How about it? Is this track worthy of being labeled a classic between-the-sheets slow jam? Regardless of how your personal rating, on behalf of Novel and everyone here at DJBooth, wherever you are, whomever you’re with, happy Valentine’s Day.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.