If you’re reading this on Sunday night you probably don’t have a hot date for Valentine’s Day. That’s alright, you’re better off with DJBooth anyway. We never try to change you, we’re always here for you and, best of all, we bring along some mood music. Here to shoot a musical arrow through our hearts is Defying the Predictable co-author Novel, who’s celebrating Cupid’s day with his (somewhat misleadingly titled) N.*.G.G.A. (Valentine’s Song). Produced, of course, by the man himself, N.*.G.G.A. appropriately leans on a sparkling piano line, smoothly subdued percussion and even a jazz sax to create a seductive sonic template for Novel to drop some subtly sexy vocals complete with lyrics about, what else, bedroom magic: “Say hello to my bed…say goodbye to those clothes.” How about it? Is this track worthy of being labeled a classic between-the-sheets slow jam? Regardless of how your personal rating, on behalf of Novel and everyone here at DJBooth, wherever you are, whomever you’re with, happy Valentine’s Day.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.