If you’re reading this on Sunday night you probably don’t have a hot date for Valentine’s Day. That’s alright, you’re better off with DJBooth anyway. We never try to change you, we’re always here for you and, best of all, we bring along some mood music. Here to shoot a musical arrow through our hearts is Defying the Predictable co-author Novel, who’s celebrating Cupid’s day with his (somewhat misleadingly titled) N.*.G.G.A. (Valentine’s Song). Produced, of course, by the man himself, N.*.G.G.A. appropriately leans on a sparkling piano line, smoothly subdued percussion and even a jazz sax to create a seductive sonic template for Novel to drop some subtly sexy vocals complete with lyrics about, what else, bedroom magic: “Say hello to my bed…say goodbye to those clothes.” How about it? Is this track worthy of being labeled a classic between-the-sheets slow jam? Regardless of how your personal rating, on behalf of Novel and everyone here at DJBooth, wherever you are, whomever you’re with, happy Valentine’s Day.
Listen to More: Novel
Written by Nathan S. on 02/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.