We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming to bring you some breaking news: pigs are flying, temperatures in hell have reached a record low and Novel has recorded a track in which he sings the line, “B*tches ain’t sh*t,” as well as threatening to “go and get [his] shotgun.” Left off the ATL native’s long-awaited debut set, The Audiobiography, due to concerns with its lyrical content, Momma Said is the last thing Novel’s fans would expect, but that shock value is precisely what makes it so effective. Over his and Tony Reyes’ twangy bass-guitar beat, the artist describes a scenario that would leave any man apoplectic: not only has he caught his best friend getting it on with his girl, but said traitorous homey had the nerve to raid Novel’s wardrobe after the deed was done. Topped off with a vindictive guest verse from up-and-coming emcee Paranoid, MS is a well-crafted cut authentically depicting an ugly but very real set of emotions – to quote the artist, “In no way is this a disrespect to all women… Real music to me reflects a certain point in your life. Lets just say that moment ...was a very bad time for me.”
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.