We interrupt your regularly-scheduled programming to bring you some breaking news: pigs are flying, temperatures in hell have reached a record low and Novel has recorded a track in which he sings the line, “B*tches ain’t sh*t,” as well as threatening to “go and get [his] shotgun.” Left off the ATL native’s long-awaited debut set, The Audiobiography, due to concerns with its lyrical content, Momma Said is the last thing Novel’s fans would expect, but that shock value is precisely what makes it so effective. Over his and Tony Reyes’ twangy bass-guitar beat, the artist describes a scenario that would leave any man apoplectic: not only has he caught his best friend getting it on with his girl, but said traitorous homey had the nerve to raid Novel’s wardrobe after the deed was done. Topped off with a vindictive guest verse from up-and-coming emcee Paranoid, MS is a well-crafted cut authentically depicting an ugly but very real set of emotions – to quote the artist, “In no way is this a disrespect to all women… Real music to me reflects a certain point in your life. Lets just say that moment ...was a very bad time for me.”
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)