The word “autobiography” almost always implies a success story—if you were focusing on your tragic personal failures, you’d be writing a memoir, right? Knowing that the official debut single is a crucial chapter in any musical success story, Booth favorite Novel is jump-starting his own Audiobiography with a catchy, radio-ready love song. Over DJ Toomp and JayMac‘s romantic, string-driven instrumental, the multitalented musician puts on his “R&B singer” hat to let a special lady know he’ll do anything, “...if it Makes You Happy.” Though those familiar with cuts like the poetic I Am may be a little disappointed to hear the ATL native resort to head-scratching lines like, “You’re so Shakespearean/ Like a textbook love.” (As we saw back in February, he can freestyle better lyrics than that), the soulful, subtly-Autotuned melody and soaring falsetto he brings to the single should net him plenty of new fans, and heighten anticipation for his debut LP’s June release.
Written by richard on 03/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)