If we lived in a sane and just world, The Audiobiography would have dropped in 2009 like it was supposed to, Novel would be a household name because of it, and I’d be a multi-millionaire. Well, maybe that last part is a bit of a stretch… but regardless life ain’t fair, and thus fans of the ATL Renaissance musician have to content themselves with fantasies of the obscenely dope album that could have been. Originally slated for inclusion on the album, unreleased cut Think We’re Landing finds the Booth fave on some trippy space ish; over his and co-producer Tony Reyes’ infectious bass-percussion bounce, the freestyle series alumnus lets his weird side shine as he invites a special lady to hop into his ship for the ride of a lifetime. And if that’s not quirky enough for you, he tops it all off with a catchy, Auto-Tune-garbled bridge – cliché as that may sound, it could hardly be more appropriate here. While this stellar joint won’t be appearing on any project, those digging it should keep their browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest from Novel – including release details on his forthcoming full-length, Caligraphy.
Written by richard on 11/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)