I’m a Novel fan, and if you’re a DJBooth regular, you are too. The Los Angeles based singer/songwriter/producer has earned a name for himself in the industry, and on our pages, for consistently dropping quality music. Unfortunately, his debut album has yet to see the light of day - due to all those pesky music business problems – but he hasn’t let that deter him from releasing new music like Hood Chick. On his latest offering the DJBooth Freestyle veteran employs his smooth, eclectic style to sooth all his listeners into a state of sedated bliss. Produced by the headliner himself and Tony Reyes, the song layers bass grooves and synthesizer rifts that make this a very easy listen, while Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh gives hip-hop fans a couple of bars to add edge to the easy-going track; which I personally think wasn’t necessarily need, but still welcomed. Bottom line, Hood Chick is a must listen and is set to be featured on Novel’s upcoming album Calligraphy, coming soon. Let’s hope the last part of that sentence proves to be true.
Written by Jon Garcia on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.