Audiobiography lead single Makes You Happy, which earned praise for its radio-ready production and soulful vocals when it hit the Booth earlier this week, saw Novel narrowing his musical focus to deliver a crowd-pleasing R&B jam. His latest feature, however, is an entirely different animal; Hold On, a cut that didn’t make it onto the forthcoming album, finds the artist living up to his name on two fronts: by telling a story, and by presenting that story in a new and innovative way. Over his own driving, cleverly-sampled beat, Novel takes listeners on a whirlwind tour of African-American history, drawing parallels between the days of slavery, the civil rights movement, and our country’s current social, political, and economic climate. Though this record ended up on the cutting room floor, that should simply raise anticipation for the Novelties in store on The Audiobiography, which is scheduled to drop this June
Listen to More: Novel Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.