Place a bunch of new hip-hop songs in a hat, close your eyes, and pick one. Chances are good that you’ve selected a song about money, cars, b*tches or something that includes a dance; rarely will you find a jam that sounds like pure poetry. In an interview with DJ Booth, singer/rapper/producer Novel described himself as a well-rounded artist and promised that his upcoming debut, The Audiobiography, would be anything but the norm. On his new song, I Am, Novel uses his sharp rhymes, complemented by fellow lyrically-nimble MCs Talib Kweli and Spree Wilson, to craft a truly poetic jam. Interpolating a classic rock sample on the beat, I Am should make for an oft-cited page of Novel’s Audiobiography; look for the complete version in the third quarter of ‘08.
Written by Burmy on 04/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.