Unfortunately for Novel‘s many fans in the Booth (myself included), the label troubles alluded to in previous features have led to a split with Capitol, and his debut album has been pushed back yet again; currently, its drop date is TBA. Though that news is bound to leave quite a few readers disappointed, there’s no better way to deal with the blues than putting on some good music, and this track is just that—in fact, I’ll go so far as to say that this cut, making its online premiere here in the Booth, is some of the Novel’s best work to date. Addressing a woman who’s done him wrong, he states that, though it breaks his heart to say goodbye, “I just can’t let you F*ck With My Mind.” The ATL singer/songwriter/rapper/producer delivers the soulful goods as few can, and Dallas Austin‘s production backs his poignant vocals with a fittingly melancholy mix of vintage organ tones and subdued percussion—if this record doesn’t tug at your heartstrings, well, I’m not sure what will. If you’re a fan of the multitalented up-and-comer, keep it locked to the Booth for further details on The Audiobiography‘s release status, as well as all the latest tunes.
Listen to More: Novel
Written by richard on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.