Unfortunately for Novel‘s many fans in the Booth (myself included), the label troubles alluded to in previous features have led to a split with Capitol, and his debut album has been pushed back yet again; currently, its drop date is TBA. Though that news is bound to leave quite a few readers disappointed, there’s no better way to deal with the blues than putting on some good music, and this track is just that—in fact, I’ll go so far as to say that this cut, making its online premiere here in the Booth, is some of the Novel’s best work to date. Addressing a woman who’s done him wrong, he states that, though it breaks his heart to say goodbye, “I just can’t let you F*ck With My Mind.” The ATL singer/songwriter/rapper/producer delivers the soulful goods as few can, and Dallas Austin‘s production backs his poignant vocals with a fittingly melancholy mix of vintage organ tones and subdued percussion—if this record doesn’t tug at your heartstrings, well, I’m not sure what will. If you’re a fan of the multitalented up-and-comer, keep it locked to the Booth for further details on The Audiobiography‘s release status, as well as all the latest tunes.
Listen to More: Novel Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.