If I had to describe Novel‘s innovative yet familiar brand of soul in three words, “Easy to Love” would be just about right. The ATL Rennaissance musician’s latest effort, version 2.0 of a jam never released Stateside, is no exception to that rule. Here, a silky beat co-produced by the artist and Tony Reyes sets the mood as Novel engages in some romantic back-and-forth with guest vocalist Stacie Orrico. While this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans find find plenty more quality material on the artist’s acclaimed Grant Me Serenity mixtape, out now for free download.
Written by richard on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.