If I had to describe Novel‘s innovative yet familiar brand of soul in three words, “Easy to Love” would be just about right. The ATL Rennaissance musician’s latest effort, version 2.0 of a jam never released Stateside, is no exception to that rule. Here, a silky beat co-produced by the artist and Tony Reyes sets the mood as Novel engages in some romantic back-and-forth with guest vocalist Stacie Orrico. While this joint isn’t attached to any larger project, fans find find plenty more quality material on the artist’s acclaimed Grant Me Serenity mixtape, out now for free download.
Written by richard on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.