Novel and Tweet, sittin’ in a tree… sorry, mentally regressed to the age of eight for a second there. What I meant to say was - after collaborating with Tweet on Legato Blues inclusion What If, ATL jack-of-all-trades Novel decided that he couldn’t bear to see their (professional) relationship end there – thus, he’s enlisted the R&B vet once again to craft unreleased cut Can’t Live Without You. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, this joint finds the freestyle series alum tackling the evergreen topic of romantic strife. Backed by his own characteristically lush mix of piano, clattering percussion and ambient synths, the headliner informs his collaborator that, though they’ve fallen upon hard times, he’s realized just how much he needs her and wants to get things back on track. Tweet clearly feels the same way but, as she smoothly retorts, she won’t make amends till she feels like she’s being listened to. If the singers’ soulful back-and-forth leaves you craving more, stay tuned – while Without You isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest on both Calligraphy (no release date yet) and Love, Tweet (Ditto).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.