Novel and Tweet, sittin’ in a tree… sorry, mentally regressed to the age of eight for a second there. What I meant to say was - after collaborating with Tweet on Legato Blues inclusion What If, ATL jack-of-all-trades Novel decided that he couldn’t bear to see their (professional) relationship end there – thus, he’s enlisted the R&B vet once again to craft unreleased cut Can’t Live Without You. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, this joint finds the freestyle series alum tackling the evergreen topic of romantic strife. Backed by his own characteristically lush mix of piano, clattering percussion and ambient synths, the headliner informs his collaborator that, though they’ve fallen upon hard times, he’s realized just how much he needs her and wants to get things back on track. Tweet clearly feels the same way but, as she smoothly retorts, she won’t make amends till she feels like she’s being listened to. If the singers’ soulful back-and-forth leaves you craving more, stay tuned – while Without You isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest on both Calligraphy (no release date yet) and Love, Tweet (Ditto).
Written by richard on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.