Novel and Tweet, sittin’ in a tree… sorry, mentally regressed to the age of eight for a second there. What I meant to say was - after collaborating with Tweet on Legato Blues inclusion What If, ATL jack-of-all-trades Novel decided that he couldn’t bear to see their (professional) relationship end there – thus, he’s enlisted the R&B vet once again to craft unreleased cut Can’t Live Without You. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, this joint finds the freestyle series alum tackling the evergreen topic of romantic strife. Backed by his own characteristically lush mix of piano, clattering percussion and ambient synths, the headliner informs his collaborator that, though they’ve fallen upon hard times, he’s realized just how much he needs her and wants to get things back on track. Tweet clearly feels the same way but, as she smoothly retorts, she won’t make amends till she feels like she’s being listened to. If the singers’ soulful back-and-forth leaves you craving more, stay tuned – while Without You isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest on both Calligraphy (no release date yet) and Love, Tweet (Ditto).
Written by richard on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.