Novel and Tweet, sittin’ in a tree… sorry, mentally regressed to the age of eight for a second there. What I meant to say was - after collaborating with Tweet on Legato Blues inclusion What If, ATL jack-of-all-trades Novel decided that he couldn’t bear to see their (professional) relationship end there – thus, he’s enlisted the R&B vet once again to craft unreleased cut Can’t Live Without You. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, this joint finds the freestyle series alum tackling the evergreen topic of romantic strife. Backed by his own characteristically lush mix of piano, clattering percussion and ambient synths, the headliner informs his collaborator that, though they’ve fallen upon hard times, he’s realized just how much he needs her and wants to get things back on track. Tweet clearly feels the same way but, as she smoothly retorts, she won’t make amends till she feels like she’s being listened to. If the singers’ soulful back-and-forth leaves you craving more, stay tuned – while Without You isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest on both Calligraphy (no release date yet) and Love, Tweet (Ditto).
Written by richard on 11/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.