Reeling in the wake of a long-term relationship that soured into Bust Your Windows-style animosity, Novakane addresses the thin line between Love and Hate on his first Booth feature. Over Sixx July‘s melancholy production, the Chi-town rapper describes a woman whose vindictiveness has Jazmine beat by a wide margin; in addition to throwing a brick through the windshield of his ride she pours sugar in the gas tank, takes a knife to the rims, bleaches his best shoes, cuts up his clothes, and keeps him from seeing the kids. Most men would have filed for a restraining order by this point, but not Novakane – through former Next frontman R.L.‘s soulful hook he reveals that he simply can’t get over his vengeful ex. Novakane’s debut LP, The 1st 48, drops this spring; here’s hoping he has better luck with listeners than he’s had with women.
Listen to More: Novakane
Written by richard on 02/9/09
STP Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.