Reeling in the wake of a long-term relationship that soured into Bust Your Windows-style animosity, Novakane addresses the thin line between Love and Hate on his first Booth feature. Over Sixx July‘s melancholy production, the Chi-town rapper describes a woman whose vindictiveness has Jazmine beat by a wide margin; in addition to throwing a brick through the windshield of his ride she pours sugar in the gas tank, takes a knife to the rims, bleaches his best shoes, cuts up his clothes, and keeps him from seeing the kids. Most men would have filed for a restraining order by this point, but not Novakane – through former Next frontman R.L.‘s soulful hook he reveals that he simply can’t get over his vengeful ex. Novakane’s debut LP, The 1st 48, drops this spring; here’s hoping he has better luck with listeners than he’s had with women.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
STP Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.