Reeling in the wake of a long-term relationship that soured into Bust Your Windows-style animosity, Novakane addresses the thin line between Love and Hate on his first Booth feature. Over Sixx July‘s melancholy production, the Chi-town rapper describes a woman whose vindictiveness has Jazmine beat by a wide margin; in addition to throwing a brick through the windshield of his ride she pours sugar in the gas tank, takes a knife to the rims, bleaches his best shoes, cuts up his clothes, and keeps him from seeing the kids. Most men would have filed for a restraining order by this point, but not Novakane – through former Next frontman R.L.‘s soulful hook he reveals that he simply can’t get over his vengeful ex. Novakane’s debut LP, The 1st 48, drops this spring; here’s hoping he has better luck with listeners than he’s had with women.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
STP Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)