Reeling in the wake of a long-term relationship that soured into Bust Your Windows-style animosity, Novakane addresses the thin line between Love and Hate on his first Booth feature. Over Sixx July‘s melancholy production, the Chi-town rapper describes a woman whose vindictiveness has Jazmine beat by a wide margin; in addition to throwing a brick through the windshield of his ride she pours sugar in the gas tank, takes a knife to the rims, bleaches his best shoes, cuts up his clothes, and keeps him from seeing the kids. Most men would have filed for a restraining order by this point, but not Novakane – through former Next frontman R.L.‘s soulful hook he reveals that he simply can’t get over his vengeful ex. Novakane’s debut LP, The 1st 48, drops this spring; here’s hoping he has better luck with listeners than he’s had with women.
Listen to More: Novakane
Written by richard on 02/9/09
STP Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.