Fasten your seatbelts, Booth readers, because Nova Rockefeller is about to take you on a nostalgia trip. On the Flava Unit Remix of single 1990s, making its world premiere on our front page, the Edmonton native and recent Island Records signee connects with a few rap vets to summarize a decade’s worth of hip-hop music, culture and fashion in less than two and a half minutes. An overhauled beat by Demigodz co-founder Apathy accompanies the headliner as she trades relentlessly referential verses with Naughty by Nature‘s Treach and Fu Schnickens alumnus Chip Fu. Feeling it? While this remix isn’t attached to a larger set, we’ll keep you up to date on Nova’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.