Fasten your seatbelts, Booth readers, because Nova Rockefeller is about to take you on a nostalgia trip. On the Flava Unit Remix of single 1990s, making its world premiere on our front page, the Edmonton native and recent Island Records signee connects with a few rap vets to summarize a decade’s worth of hip-hop music, culture and fashion in less than two and a half minutes. An overhauled beat by Demigodz co-founder Apathy accompanies the headliner as she trades relentlessly referential verses with Naughty by Nature‘s Treach and Fu Schnickens alumnus Chip Fu. Feeling it? While this remix isn’t attached to a larger set, we’ll keep you up to date on Nova’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)