Fasten your seatbelts, Booth readers, because Nova Rockefeller is about to take you on a nostalgia trip. On the Flava Unit Remix of single 1990s, making its world premiere on our front page, the Edmonton native and recent Island Records signee connects with a few rap vets to summarize a decade’s worth of hip-hop music, culture and fashion in less than two and a half minutes. An overhauled beat by Demigodz co-founder Apathy accompanies the headliner as she trades relentlessly referential verses with Naughty by Nature‘s Treach and Fu Schnickens alumnus Chip Fu. Feeling it? While this remix isn’t attached to a larger set, we’ll keep you up to date on Nova’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)