Fasten your seatbelts, Booth readers, because Nova Rockefeller is about to take you on a nostalgia trip. On the Flava Unit Remix of single 1990s, making its world premiere on our front page, the Edmonton native and recent Island Records signee connects with a few rap vets to summarize a decade’s worth of hip-hop music, culture and fashion in less than two and a half minutes. An overhauled beat by Demigodz co-founder Apathy accompanies the headliner as she trades relentlessly referential verses with Naughty by Nature‘s Treach and Fu Schnickens alumnus Chip Fu. Feeling it? While this remix isn’t attached to a larger set, we’ll keep you up to date on Nova’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.