On his Booth debut as an artist (he’s been featured numerous times on the production tip), Nottz makes an announcement to all up-and-comers looking to build their careers on cheap imitations of Hov, Biggie, 2pac, Nas, or Big Pun: “You Can’t Hide The Truth. After Nottz’ opening verse, in which he affirms his individuality and urges rappers to quit jockin’ Jay’s fresh, guest artists Kardinal Offishall and Cory Gunz jump in to back him up, stating that, though they’ve taken inspiration from legends living and dead, they’ve got too much respect for their idols to simply rip them off. A few cleverly-applied samples of Tina Turner’s We Don’t Need Another Hero (the theme from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome) form the backbone of Nottz’ instrumental, which also incorporates snippets from the aforementioned greats. Though Can’t Hide the Truth is only a promo single, it proves that the producer also has a lot to say on the mic – will he be the next high-profile beatsmith to successfully make a name for himself as an artist?
Written by richard on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mighty Floe Young" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.