This Friday will mark the one-year anniversary of D.M.P.‘s last feature, the Isaac Hayes-inspired Walk on By. In other words, they’re long overdue for another Booth appearance. Fresh off yesterday’s release of their sophomore studio album, the septet make their eagerly-anticipated return to our front page with How Many Tears, the first official single off the project. As the title suggests, this cut finds Bigshot Manceeni, Cutlass Reid, Khizman,Starboy, Ivory Keyes, Boogie and heavyweight guest Pusha T delving into some painful subject matter, from drug-addicted homeboys to time behind bars, but the overarching message is an upbeat one: “Family don’t die, baby.” The man behind the curtain, aka heavyweight beatsmith Nottz, provides a rock-infused backdrop for their bars, and an uncredited director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on sophomore LP God Made Durt!, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.