This Friday will mark the one-year anniversary of D.M.P.‘s last feature, the Isaac Hayes-inspired Walk on By. In other words, they’re long overdue for another Booth appearance. Fresh off yesterday’s release of their sophomore studio album, the septet make their eagerly-anticipated return to our front page with How Many Tears, the first official single off the project. As the title suggests, this cut finds Bigshot Manceeni, Cutlass Reid, Khizman,Starboy, Ivory Keyes, Boogie and heavyweight guest Pusha T delving into some painful subject matter, from drug-addicted homeboys to time behind bars, but the overarching message is an upbeat one: “Family don’t die, baby.” The man behind the curtain, aka heavyweight beatsmith Nottz, provides a rock-infused backdrop for their bars, and an uncredited director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on sophomore LP God Made Durt!, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!