This Friday will mark the one-year anniversary of D.M.P.‘s last feature, the Isaac Hayes-inspired Walk on By. In other words, they’re long overdue for another Booth appearance. Fresh off yesterday’s release of their sophomore studio album, the septet make their eagerly-anticipated return to our front page with How Many Tears, the first official single off the project. As the title suggests, this cut finds Bigshot Manceeni, Cutlass Reid, Khizman,Starboy, Ivory Keyes, Boogie and heavyweight guest Pusha T delving into some painful subject matter, from drug-addicted homeboys to time behind bars, but the overarching message is an upbeat one: “Family don’t die, baby.” The man behind the curtain, aka heavyweight beatsmith Nottz, provides a rock-infused backdrop for their bars, and an uncredited director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on sophomore LP God Made Durt!, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.