This Friday will mark the one-year anniversary of D.M.P.‘s last feature, the Isaac Hayes-inspired Walk on By. In other words, they’re long overdue for another Booth appearance. Fresh off yesterday’s release of their sophomore studio album, the septet make their eagerly-anticipated return to our front page with How Many Tears, the first official single off the project. As the title suggests, this cut finds Bigshot Manceeni, Cutlass Reid, Khizman,Starboy, Ivory Keyes, Boogie and heavyweight guest Pusha T delving into some painful subject matter, from drug-addicted homeboys to time behind bars, but the overarching message is an upbeat one: “Family don’t die, baby.” The man behind the curtain, aka heavyweight beatsmith Nottz, provides a rock-infused backdrop for their bars, and an uncredited director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on sophomore LP God Made Durt!, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.