Nottz is one of the best producers some of you have never heard of. A veteran in the game since 1998, Nottz has supplied plenty of our favorite artists with beats, including Game, Snoop, and Xzibit, and on his new single, Blast That, we get a little bit more of that west coast feel that we’re familiar with. Although Nottz may be a Virgina native, the production on this track will remind you of mid ‘90s Cali music. With the hydraulic instrumental bumping, Nottz, with the help of his featured guest Black Milk, supply not only banging production, but some dope bars as well. Spitting raw lyrics with an assertive voice, it is easy to realize that both individuals want to show that they are not only on their “Rick Rubin Sh*t,” but that they also plan to make people hear what they are saying both instrumentally and lyrically. Nottz’ new album, scheduled to drop October 26, is entitled You Need This Music, and if it sounds anything like this track, it’s going to be a banger!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Hide the Truth ft. Kardinal Offishall & Cory Gunz" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.