Nottz is one of the best producers some of you have never heard of. A veteran in the game since 1998, Nottz has supplied plenty of our favorite artists with beats, including Game, Snoop, and Xzibit, and on his new single, Blast That, we get a little bit more of that west coast feel that we’re familiar with. Although Nottz may be a Virgina native, the production on this track will remind you of mid ‘90s Cali music. With the hydraulic instrumental bumping, Nottz, with the help of his featured guest Black Milk, supply not only banging production, but some dope bars as well. Spitting raw lyrics with an assertive voice, it is easy to realize that both individuals want to show that they are not only on their “Rick Rubin Sh*t,” but that they also plan to make people hear what they are saying both instrumentally and lyrically. Nottz’ new album, scheduled to drop October 26, is entitled You Need This Music, and if it sounds anything like this track, it’s going to be a banger!
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Hide the Truth ft. Kardinal Offishall & Cory Gunz" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.