This week marked the 41st birthday of the one and only Notorious B.I.G., and to celebrate we thought it was only right to include his most famous song, Juicy. A track that includes one of the most instantly recognizable first lines in hip-hop history, ‘It was all a dream…”, Juicy contains everything that made Biggie one of the greatest rappers to ever live: deceptively complex lyricism and a relaxed yet always-on-point flow. And of course there’s that beat. Built around a sample of MTume’s Juicy Fruit by producers Poke & Tone, (aka Trackmasters), Juicy’s production might sound too light in the hands of a lesser emcee, but contrasted with Biggie’s gritty vocals it works perfectly. Now this is the definition of a classic. Celebrate the one and only Biggie Small’s birthday by pressing play on Juicy, digging up your copy of Ready to Die, and letting us know your favorite Biggie song of all-time in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
Bad Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.