Dope as it undoubtedly feels to perform in front of packed houses in a different city every night, the combo of homesickness, exhaustion and constant proximity ot your tourmates inevitably leads to heightened tensions and emotional fallout. Nonetheless, for those built for the grind, life on the road has an allure that’s difficult to resist. On new single Used to Be Dark, released along with poignant visuals by Motioneer‘s JR, the T-Dot crew document the exhilarating highs and subterranean lows of their recent international tour. An understated, piano-driven instrumental by crew member Bronze One and constant collaborator Book (of Beatface) backs the trio’s vivid narrative bars, and singer/songwriter Lee Gaul handles the chorus. Fans can find this cut, Sky Light [In Between] and many more reader-approved jams on Target Market [RECOIL], available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Toronto underground hip-hop crew Notes to Self have made their latest studio album, Target Market [RECOIL], available for free streaming in The DJBooth. The DECON-distributed project packs nine original jams (plus three...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.