Dope as it undoubtedly feels to perform in front of packed houses in a different city every night, the combo of homesickness, exhaustion and constant proximity ot your tourmates inevitably leads to heightened tensions and emotional fallout. Nonetheless, for those built for the grind, life on the road has an allure that’s difficult to resist. On new single Used to Be Dark, released along with poignant visuals by Motioneer‘s JR, the T-Dot crew document the exhilarating highs and subterranean lows of their recent international tour. An understated, piano-driven instrumental by crew member Bronze One and constant collaborator Book (of Beatface) backs the trio’s vivid narrative bars, and singer/songwriter Lee Gaul handles the chorus. Fans can find this cut, Sky Light [In Between] and many more reader-approved jams on Target Market [RECOIL], available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.