Dope as it undoubtedly feels to perform in front of packed houses in a different city every night, the combo of homesickness, exhaustion and constant proximity ot your tourmates inevitably leads to heightened tensions and emotional fallout. Nonetheless, for those built for the grind, life on the road has an allure that’s difficult to resist. On new single Used to Be Dark, released along with poignant visuals by Motioneer‘s JR, the T-Dot crew document the exhilarating highs and subterranean lows of their recent international tour. An understated, piano-driven instrumental by crew member Bronze One and constant collaborator Book (of Beatface) backs the trio’s vivid narrative bars, and singer/songwriter Lee Gaul handles the chorus. Fans can find this cut, Sky Light [In Between] and many more reader-approved jams on Target Market [RECOIL], available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.