Normally, if you want some top-notch cinematic entertainment, you have to shell out about 15 bucks for a movie ticket. Today, however, Canadian quartet Notes to Self have given fans a free mini-movie along with new single Recoil [Crimson]. As the NTS members share their passionate, heartfelt flows atop the poignant production of Bronze One (of Notes to Self) and Book (of Beatface), they are depicted doing something you might not expect considering the song’s mood: robbing a bank. Although the record doesn’t scream “bank robbery music,” the Benjamin Young Hart-directed visuals are perfectly done, capturing the hunger and desperation in the crewmates’ flows. You can tell everyone involved poured their heart into this, even risking arrest to give their fans something dope. Recoil [Crimson] is the seventh video single off Notes to Self’s Target Market [RECOIL] album, which was released earlier this year and is available for streaming via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.