Normally, if you want some top-notch cinematic entertainment, you have to shell out about 15 bucks for a movie ticket. Today, however, Canadian quartet Notes to Self have given fans a free mini-movie along with new single Recoil [Crimson]. As the NTS members share their passionate, heartfelt flows atop the poignant production of Bronze One (of Notes to Self) and Book (of Beatface), they are depicted doing something you might not expect considering the song’s mood: robbing a bank. Although the record doesn’t scream “bank robbery music,” the Benjamin Young Hart-directed visuals are perfectly done, capturing the hunger and desperation in the crewmates’ flows. You can tell everyone involved poured their heart into this, even risking arrest to give their fans something dope. Recoil [Crimson] is the seventh video single off Notes to Self’s Target Market [RECOIL] album, which was released earlier this year and is available for streaming via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.