Normally, if you want some top-notch cinematic entertainment, you have to shell out about 15 bucks for a movie ticket. Today, however, Canadian quartet Notes to Self have given fans a free mini-movie along with new single Recoil [Crimson]. As the NTS members share their passionate, heartfelt flows atop the poignant production of Bronze One (of Notes to Self) and Book (of Beatface), they are depicted doing something you might not expect considering the song’s mood: robbing a bank. Although the record doesn’t scream “bank robbery music,” the Benjamin Young Hart-directed visuals are perfectly done, capturing the hunger and desperation in the crewmates’ flows. You can tell everyone involved poured their heart into this, even risking arrest to give their fans something dope. Recoil [Crimson] is the seventh video single off Notes to Self’s Target Market [RECOIL] album, which was released earlier this year and is available for streaming via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Toronto underground hip-hop crew Notes to Self have made their latest studio album, Target Market [RECOIL], available for free streaming in The DJBooth. The DECON-distributed project packs nine original jams (plus three...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.