Normally, if you want some top-notch cinematic entertainment, you have to shell out about 15 bucks for a movie ticket. Today, however, Canadian quartet Notes to Self have given fans a free mini-movie along with new single Recoil [Crimson]. As the NTS members share their passionate, heartfelt flows atop the poignant production of Bronze One (of Notes to Self) and Book (of Beatface), they are depicted doing something you might not expect considering the song’s mood: robbing a bank. Although the record doesn’t scream “bank robbery music,” the Benjamin Young Hart-directed visuals are perfectly done, capturing the hunger and desperation in the crewmates’ flows. You can tell everyone involved poured their heart into this, even risking arrest to give their fans something dope. Recoil [Crimson] is the seventh video single off Notes to Self’s Target Market [RECOIL] album, which was released earlier this year and is available for streaming via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.