Notes to Self may represent the gritty, underground side of the hip-hop spectrum, but that doesn’t mean the T-dot crew can’t stunt. Quite the contrary—on All of the Above, the final single off their forthcoming full-length, emcees Roshin and Swamp Donkey prove themselves to be as fresh and fly as any spitters in the game, flaunting their whips and their classy wardrobes over crewmate Bronze Donkey and Beatface producer Book‘s stark synth boardwork. Notes to Self’s latest full-length, Used to be Dark, has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/16/11
Toronto underground hip-hop crew Notes to Self have made their latest studio album, Target Market [RECOIL], available for free streaming in The DJBooth. The DECON-distributed project packs nine original jams (plus three...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.