Notes to Self may represent the gritty, underground side of the hip-hop spectrum, but that doesn’t mean the T-dot crew can’t stunt. Quite the contrary—on All of the Above, the final single off their forthcoming full-length, emcees Roshin and Swamp Donkey prove themselves to be as fresh and fly as any spitters in the game, flaunting their whips and their classy wardrobes over crewmate Bronze Donkey and Beatface producer Book‘s stark synth boardwork. Notes to Self’s latest full-length, Used to be Dark, has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/16/11
Toronto underground hip-hop crew Notes to Self have made their latest studio album, Target Market [RECOIL], available for free streaming in The DJBooth. The DECON-distributed project packs nine original jams (plus three...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.