Notes to Self may represent the gritty, underground side of the hip-hop spectrum, but that doesn’t mean the T-dot crew can’t stunt. Quite the contrary—on All of the Above, the final single off their forthcoming full-length, emcees Roshin and Swamp Donkey prove themselves to be as fresh and fly as any spitters in the game, flaunting their whips and their classy wardrobes over crewmate Bronze Donkey and Beatface producer Book‘s stark synth boardwork. Notes to Self’s latest full-length, Used to be Dark, has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.