Notes to Self may represent the gritty, underground side of the hip-hop spectrum, but that doesn’t mean the T-dot crew can’t stunt. Quite the contrary—on All of the Above, the final single off their forthcoming full-length, emcees Roshin and Swamp Donkey prove themselves to be as fresh and fly as any spitters in the game, flaunting their whips and their classy wardrobes over crewmate Bronze Donkey and Beatface producer Book‘s stark synth boardwork. Notes to Self’s latest full-length, Used to be Dark, has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lick Shots" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.