In the opening lines of Superthug, the hit second single off his debut solo set, N.O.R.E. famously (and bizarrely) claimed that The Neptunes owned a cocker spaniel—an accusation which, as he later clarified, was intended as a comment on the producers’ sexuality. Though his next full-length is no longer named after the ‘98 smash or the album to which it belongs, the Northeastern vet does return to the subject of the duo’s pet ownership on new single The Problem (Lawwwd), doubling down on his statement of more than a decade ago. Evidently, Pharrell Williams isn’t taking it personally; in addition to producing this record’s grainy arpeggiated-synth instrumental, he steps out from behind the boards to deliver an Auto-Tuned hook. You’ll be able to find The Problem, last July’s reader-approved Gangstas Don’t Die and much more on Student of the Game, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers April 16.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.