Fresh off the July release of Capone-n-Noreaga‘s The War Report 2, N.O.R.E.‘s getting ready to bring listeners another musical blast from the past in the form of Superthug, a new solo album named after his ‘98 breakout hit. Now, the NYC vet’s given fans the first taste of the project with lead single Nutcracker, which finds him putting a hip-hop spin on Tchaikovsky’s famous ballet. Naw, just kidding – in reality, the track sees producer Scoop DeVille taking heavy inspiration from Public Enemy’s Can’t Do Nuttin for Ya Man, as N.O.R.E. spits verses revolving primarily around the topic of oral sex: “Shawty wanna give me head like fedora… this that sample, gonna give me Head and Shoulders like shampoo.” It may not be rocket science, but I can’t front like the man’s incessant fellatio-themed punchlines didn’t crack me up. Enough from me, though – what do you think, Booth readers? If this single does indeed do something for you, you’ll want to keep it locked for release details on N.O.R.E.‘s latest set, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.