Fresh off the July release of Capone-n-Noreaga‘s The War Report 2, N.O.R.E.‘s getting ready to bring listeners another musical blast from the past in the form of Superthug, a new solo album named after his ‘98 breakout hit. Now, the NYC vet’s given fans the first taste of the project with lead single Nutcracker, which finds him putting a hip-hop spin on Tchaikovsky’s famous ballet. Naw, just kidding – in reality, the track sees producer Scoop DeVille taking heavy inspiration from Public Enemy’s Can’t Do Nuttin for Ya Man, as N.O.R.E. spits verses revolving primarily around the topic of oral sex: “Shawty wanna give me head like fedora… this that sample, gonna give me Head and Shoulders like shampoo.” It may not be rocket science, but I can’t front like the man’s incessant fellatio-themed punchlines didn’t crack me up. Enough from me, though – what do you think, Booth readers? If this single does indeed do something for you, you’ll want to keep it locked for release details on N.O.R.E.‘s latest set, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.