Fresh off the July release of Capone-n-Noreaga‘s The War Report 2, N.O.R.E.‘s getting ready to bring listeners another musical blast from the past in the form of Superthug, a new solo album named after his ‘98 breakout hit. Now, the NYC vet’s given fans the first taste of the project with lead single Nutcracker, which finds him putting a hip-hop spin on Tchaikovsky’s famous ballet. Naw, just kidding – in reality, the track sees producer Scoop DeVille taking heavy inspiration from Public Enemy’s Can’t Do Nuttin for Ya Man, as N.O.R.E. spits verses revolving primarily around the topic of oral sex: “Shawty wanna give me head like fedora… this that sample, gonna give me Head and Shoulders like shampoo.” It may not be rocket science, but I can’t front like the man’s incessant fellatio-themed punchlines didn’t crack me up. Enough from me, though – what do you think, Booth readers? If this single does indeed do something for you, you’ll want to keep it locked for release details on N.O.R.E.‘s latest set, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: N.O.R.E
Written by richard on 08/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)