Some emcees aspire to be the Lebron James of hip-hop. N.O.R.E. apparently wants to be its Judith Martin. On a brand new promotional single, the seasoned rhymesayer joins forces with a fellow East Coast vet to teach the rest of the game some Manners. (Apparently he’s brushed up since 2004, when he spit “N.O.R.E. ain’t got no manners.” on DJ Kay Slay‘s No Problems.) Busta Rhymes does double-duty on this cut, building a boom-bap beat around the keyboard riff from Joe Cocker’s Woman to Woman (famously flipped in California Love) and lacing it with a gruff guest hook. Manners isn’t part of a larger project from N.O.R.E., but fans can hear more from Buss A Buss on The Abstract & the Dragon, his newly-released collaborative set with Q-Tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.