Some emcees aspire to be the Lebron James of hip-hop. N.O.R.E. apparently wants to be its Judith Martin. On a brand new promotional single, the seasoned rhymesayer joins forces with a fellow East Coast vet to teach the rest of the game some Manners. (Apparently he’s brushed up since 2004, when he spit “N.O.R.E. ain’t got no manners.” on DJ Kay Slay‘s No Problems.) Busta Rhymes does double-duty on this cut, building a boom-bap beat around the keyboard riff from Joe Cocker’s Woman to Woman (famously flipped in California Love) and lacing it with a gruff guest hook. Manners isn’t part of a larger project from N.O.R.E., but fans can hear more from Buss A Buss on The Abstract & the Dragon, his newly-released collaborative set with Q-Tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.