Some emcees aspire to be the Lebron James of hip-hop. N.O.R.E. apparently wants to be its Judith Martin. On a brand new promotional single, the seasoned rhymesayer joins forces with a fellow East Coast vet to teach the rest of the game some Manners. (Apparently he’s brushed up since 2004, when he spit “N.O.R.E. ain’t got no manners.” on DJ Kay Slay‘s No Problems.) Busta Rhymes does double-duty on this cut, building a boom-bap beat around the keyboard riff from Joe Cocker’s Woman to Woman (famously flipped in California Love) and lacing it with a gruff guest hook. Manners isn’t part of a larger project from N.O.R.E., but fans can hear more from Buss A Buss on The Abstract & the Dragon, his newly-released collaborative set with Q-Tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.