Some emcees aspire to be the Lebron James of hip-hop. N.O.R.E. apparently wants to be its Judith Martin. On a brand new promotional single, the seasoned rhymesayer joins forces with a fellow East Coast vet to teach the rest of the game some Manners. (Apparently he’s brushed up since 2004, when he spit “N.O.R.E. ain’t got no manners.” on DJ Kay Slay‘s No Problems.) Busta Rhymes does double-duty on this cut, building a boom-bap beat around the keyboard riff from Joe Cocker’s Woman to Woman (famously flipped in California Love) and lacing it with a gruff guest hook. Manners isn’t part of a larger project from N.O.R.E., but fans can hear more from Buss A Buss on The Abstract & the Dragon, his newly-released collaborative set with Q-Tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.