Not since Craig Mack’s Flava In Ya Ear has any rapper found a way to gather several of the East Coast’s best MCs on a remix—until now. Give credit to N.O.R.E. who reached that milestone on the remix to his underground club banger, Set It Off. Swizz Beatz’ production and hook remain intact, and N.O.R.E. spits a hot new guest verse, even bringing up T.I.‘s recent federal weapons charges. However, the new guest rappers steal the show as Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Cassidy, & Red Café illustrate how an East Coast club banger oughta be handled. While this remix certainly deserves plenty of spins, only time will tell if it will be remembered a decade from now like Flava In Ya Ear.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.