Ah, Electrolytes... they got me through many a difficult morning back in the day. As it turns out, that’s something (possibly the only thing) that I have in common with N.O.R.E., who pays tribute to the rehydrating/hangover-easing properties of ionic solutions on his latest album leak. Premiered yesterday on Funkmaster Flex‘s Hot 97 program, the record follows the Big Apple street mainstay as he works up a sweat on his paper chase—breaking only to pick up a Gatorade at the corner store. Over beatsmith Caviar‘s gritty boom-bap instrumental, featuring the ever-popular opening break from Bob James’ rendition of Take Me to the Mardi Gras, Noreaga delivers his trademark brand of street lyricism, going heavy on the inventive braggadocio (“My name hold weight like bobybuilders / You n*ggas ain’t killers, you’re caterpillars.”) and even offering his (slightly tardy) support for a certain Fugees member’s political aspirations: “You got my vote: ‘Clef for President.” Topped off with the inimitably sandpapery hook/bridge vocals of Macy Gray, this joint should be just the thing to get devotees amped for the arrival of S.U.P.E.R.T.H.U.G.. Keep it locked for details on the project, which as yet lacks a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.