Ah, Electrolytes... they got me through many a difficult morning back in the day. As it turns out, that’s something (possibly the only thing) that I have in common with N.O.R.E., who pays tribute to the rehydrating/hangover-easing properties of ionic solutions on his latest album leak. Premiered yesterday on Funkmaster Flex‘s Hot 97 program, the record follows the Big Apple street mainstay as he works up a sweat on his paper chase—breaking only to pick up a Gatorade at the corner store. Over beatsmith Caviar‘s gritty boom-bap instrumental, featuring the ever-popular opening break from Bob James’ rendition of Take Me to the Mardi Gras, Noreaga delivers his trademark brand of street lyricism, going heavy on the inventive braggadocio (“My name hold weight like bobybuilders / You n*ggas ain’t killers, you’re caterpillars.”) and even offering his (slightly tardy) support for a certain Fugees member’s political aspirations: “You got my vote: ‘Clef for President.” Topped off with the inimitably sandpapery hook/bridge vocals of Macy Gray, this joint should be just the thing to get devotees amped for the arrival of S.U.P.E.R.T.H.U.G.. Keep it locked for details on the project, which as yet lacks a release date.
Written by richard on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.