Despite the resurrection of Superthug‘s famous “cocker spaniel” line, the last single off N.O.R.E.‘s sixth studio album failed to elicit much enthusiasm from listeners in the Booth. I have a feeling Dreaming is gonna be a different story. Released along with a lurid official visual by Garcia, the record packs guest contributions from two of our readers’ favorite underground acts. Wrekonize and Bernbiz of Booth-acclaimed crew ¡MAYDAY! deliver a guest 16 each as well as handling the record’s chorus, and Strange Music capo Tech N9ne lends his rapid-fire flows to the penultimate verse. Undergirding all of their contributions is an eerie, synth-led instrumental by Charli Brown Beatz. Feeling it? More awaits on N.O.R.E.‘s Student of the Game LP, available from record stores and online retailers as of May 14. ¡MAYDAY! fans should keep it locked for the latest on the group’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled sophomore set, Believers.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.