It’s hard to believe that this upcoming February will mark eight year since the untimely death of Big Pun. Hailed as the best Latino rapper to ever pick up a microphone, Pun’s death hasn’t been discussed nearly as much as either 2pac or Biggie… until now. Queens rapper, N.O.R.E., who is of Latino heritage himself, dedicates the song Call to Heaven to his Bronx brethren. Updating Pun on all he has missed since he passed, the song is both creative and thoughtful; it’s hard to understand why it wasn’t included on his newest LP, Noreality. Maybe a song like Call to Heaven will influence a younger generation of hip-hop, unfamiliar with Pun, to do some investigative research.
Listen to More: N.O.R.E
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.