It’s hard to believe that this upcoming February will mark eight year since the untimely death of Big Pun. Hailed as the best Latino rapper to ever pick up a microphone, Pun’s death hasn’t been discussed nearly as much as either 2pac or Biggie… until now. Queens rapper, N.O.R.E., who is of Latino heritage himself, dedicates the song Call to Heaven to his Bronx brethren. Updating Pun on all he has missed since he passed, the song is both creative and thoughtful; it’s hard to understand why it wasn’t included on his newest LP, Noreality. Maybe a song like Call to Heaven will influence a younger generation of hip-hop, unfamiliar with Pun, to do some investigative research.
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.