It’s hard to believe that this upcoming February will mark eight year since the untimely death of Big Pun. Hailed as the best Latino rapper to ever pick up a microphone, Pun’s death hasn’t been discussed nearly as much as either 2pac or Biggie… until now. Queens rapper, N.O.R.E., who is of Latino heritage himself, dedicates the song Call to Heaven to his Bronx brethren. Updating Pun on all he has missed since he passed, the song is both creative and thoughtful; it’s hard to understand why it wasn’t included on his newest LP, Noreality. Maybe a song like Call to Heaven will influence a younger generation of hip-hop, unfamiliar with Pun, to do some investigative research.
Listen to More: N.O.R.E
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)