It’s hard to believe that this upcoming February will mark eight year since the untimely death of Big Pun. Hailed as the best Latino rapper to ever pick up a microphone, Pun’s death hasn’t been discussed nearly as much as either 2pac or Biggie… until now. Queens rapper, N.O.R.E., who is of Latino heritage himself, dedicates the song Call to Heaven to his Bronx brethren. Updating Pun on all he has missed since he passed, the song is both creative and thoughtful; it’s hard to understand why it wasn’t included on his newest LP, Noreality. Maybe a song like Call to Heaven will influence a younger generation of hip-hop, unfamiliar with Pun, to do some investigative research.
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Name Is N.O. " (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.