If you’re not trying to get burnt to a crisp, now would be a good time to duck and cover: Booth newcomer Nomah‘s set a course for our home page, and the impact is gonna be explosive. Set for inclusion on La Cónexion Vol. 3, a project showcasing the hottest talents the U.S. and Spain have to offer, this freshly-minted world premiere finds the Girona, España repper coming together with two fellow Heat Seekers for a fresh, bilingual lyrical free-for-all. With Brainiac Beats’ grimy, organ-driven grooves and record scratches as his canvas, Nomah reaffirms rap’s universality, delivering bars that even those who (like yo mismo) aren’t fluent enough to follow his flows can recognize as dope. Bookending his middle verse, Cali mic-murderers Montage One and Phil The Agony lace the front and back with, respectively, solid advice (“Never forget to put the clip in your gun / Never forget where you come from.”) and tightly-wound trash-talk (“We leave a trail of ashes ‘cause the sh*t’s hot / and heat seek the lyrically weak, cause your sh*t’‘s not.”). If this scorching jam left you craving more, keep it locked for release details on DJ Ero and DJ Yahtz’ forthcoming, yet unscheduled compilation.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.