If you’re not trying to get burnt to a crisp, now would be a good time to duck and cover: Booth newcomer Nomah‘s set a course for our home page, and the impact is gonna be explosive. Set for inclusion on La Cónexion Vol. 3, a project showcasing the hottest talents the U.S. and Spain have to offer, this freshly-minted world premiere finds the Girona, España repper coming together with two fellow Heat Seekers for a fresh, bilingual lyrical free-for-all. With Brainiac Beats’ grimy, organ-driven grooves and record scratches as his canvas, Nomah reaffirms rap’s universality, delivering bars that even those who (like yo mismo) aren’t fluent enough to follow his flows can recognize as dope. Bookending his middle verse, Cali mic-murderers Montage One and Phil The Agony lace the front and back with, respectively, solid advice (“Never forget to put the clip in your gun / Never forget where you come from.”) and tightly-wound trash-talk (“We leave a trail of ashes ‘cause the sh*t’s hot / and heat seek the lyrically weak, cause your sh*t’‘s not.”). If this scorching jam left you craving more, keep it locked for release details on DJ Ero and DJ Yahtz’ forthcoming, yet unscheduled compilation.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.