If you’re not trying to get burnt to a crisp, now would be a good time to duck and cover: Booth newcomer Nomah‘s set a course for our home page, and the impact is gonna be explosive. Set for inclusion on La Cónexion Vol. 3, a project showcasing the hottest talents the U.S. and Spain have to offer, this freshly-minted world premiere finds the Girona, España repper coming together with two fellow Heat Seekers for a fresh, bilingual lyrical free-for-all. With Brainiac Beats’ grimy, organ-driven grooves and record scratches as his canvas, Nomah reaffirms rap’s universality, delivering bars that even those who (like yo mismo) aren’t fluent enough to follow his flows can recognize as dope. Bookending his middle verse, Cali mic-murderers Montage One and Phil The Agony lace the front and back with, respectively, solid advice (“Never forget to put the clip in your gun / Never forget where you come from.”) and tightly-wound trash-talk (“We leave a trail of ashes ‘cause the sh*t’s hot / and heat seek the lyrically weak, cause your sh*t’‘s not.”). If this scorching jam left you craving more, keep it locked for release details on DJ Ero and DJ Yahtz’ forthcoming, yet unscheduled compilation.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Gold Chain Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)