Last week, NOM introduced us to his mellow, out-the-box style via The Christening, a Booth-exclusive single which won an impressive 4.0-star rating on our pages. Lo and Behold, the Iowa native has returned to do it all over again with the follow-up—another world premiere. While Jharee replaces Weirdough behind the boards, his sampled production has a similarly drowsy, headphone-ready feel. Over the mesmerizing beat, NOM trades intricate, insightful verses with newcomer Caliiko. Singer Jade, another first-time featuree, contributes some soothing background vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? This is just one of many low-key bangers to be found on DJBooth-hosted mixtape Lucid, scheduled for free digital release September 16.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Christening" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.