Last week, NOM introduced us to his mellow, out-the-box style via The Christening, a Booth-exclusive single which won an impressive 4.0-star rating on our pages. Lo and Behold, the Iowa native has returned to do it all over again with the follow-up—another world premiere. While Jharee replaces Weirdough behind the boards, his sampled production has a similarly drowsy, headphone-ready feel. Over the mesmerizing beat, NOM trades intricate, insightful verses with newcomer Caliiko. Singer Jade, another first-time featuree, contributes some soothing background vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? This is just one of many low-key bangers to be found on DJBooth-hosted mixtape Lucid, scheduled for free digital release September 16.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Iowan up-and-comer NOM has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street album, The Christening. The project packs 10 original tracks from the underground emcee, among them "Behold" and the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Christening" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.