Oftentimes, it’s the simplest things in life that offer the most satisfaction; a nice, pounding four-on-the-floor beat, for example. On Wild Young Heart single number two – already the group’s highest-charting record to date – UK indie trio The Noisettes join forces with two Booth-approved collaborators for a dancefloor-incinerating tribute to kick, snare and hi-hat, requesting only that clubgoers Don’t Upset the Rhythm as they “Go Baby Go.” After frontwoman Shangai Shoniwa’s sung opener, D.C.-Chillin’ emcee Wale steps up to the mic to spit his swaggerriffic middle bars, boasting of his ability to “turn a good girl into a nympho.” Capped off with an infectious rapped closing verse by UK singer/songwriter Estelle, this compulsively body-moving slice of R&B-funk is the perfect cut to catch mainstream ears. Fans can find more club-ready bangers, in addition to tracks on the rock/soul side of the spectrum, on the Noisettes Wild Young Hearts LP, released Sept. 22, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.