Oftentimes, it’s the simplest things in life that offer the most satisfaction; a nice, pounding four-on-the-floor beat, for example. On Wild Young Heart single number two – already the group’s highest-charting record to date – UK indie trio The Noisettes join forces with two Booth-approved collaborators for a dancefloor-incinerating tribute to kick, snare and hi-hat, requesting only that clubgoers Don’t Upset the Rhythm as they “Go Baby Go.” After frontwoman Shangai Shoniwa’s sung opener, D.C.-Chillin’ emcee Wale steps up to the mic to spit his swaggerriffic middle bars, boasting of his ability to “turn a good girl into a nympho.” Capped off with an infectious rapped closing verse by UK singer/songwriter Estelle, this compulsively body-moving slice of R&B-funk is the perfect cut to catch mainstream ears. Fans can find more club-ready bangers, in addition to tracks on the rock/soul side of the spectrum, on the Noisettes Wild Young Hearts LP, released Sept. 22, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.