Oftentimes, it’s the simplest things in life that offer the most satisfaction; a nice, pounding four-on-the-floor beat, for example. On Wild Young Heart single number two – already the group’s highest-charting record to date – UK indie trio The Noisettes join forces with two Booth-approved collaborators for a dancefloor-incinerating tribute to kick, snare and hi-hat, requesting only that clubgoers Don’t Upset the Rhythm as they “Go Baby Go.” After frontwoman Shangai Shoniwa’s sung opener, D.C.-Chillin’ emcee Wale steps up to the mic to spit his swaggerriffic middle bars, boasting of his ability to “turn a good girl into a nympho.” Capped off with an infectious rapped closing verse by UK singer/songwriter Estelle, this compulsively body-moving slice of R&B-funk is the perfect cut to catch mainstream ears. Fans can find more club-ready bangers, in addition to tracks on the rock/soul side of the spectrum, on the Noisettes Wild Young Hearts LP, released Sept. 22, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.