When Freddie Gibbs is attached to a track, it is advised that you grab a helmet and brace for impact. Every time he steps to the mic, he devours the beat with a rugged, unapologetic flow. Well, on Out of Focus, he is fighting for the scraps left over from the headliner, Noelz Vedere. It takes a lot to match Gibbs’s intensity, but Vedere goes above and beyond the call of duty. His cutting, frenetic flow and abrasive, gritty lyrics leave Alex Isaac‘s lurching beat on its last legs. All Gibbs has to do is finish the job… and believe me, he does. (I believe this is what you call a “Rapper for Hire.”) Feeling it? Then watch our pages in the coming weeks for the latest on Vedere’s Bittersweet Victory project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Alright" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.