When Freddie Gibbs is attached to a track, it is advised that you grab a helmet and brace for impact. Every time he steps to the mic, he devours the beat with a rugged, unapologetic flow. Well, on Out of Focus, he is fighting for the scraps left over from the headliner, Noelz Vedere. It takes a lot to match Gibbs’s intensity, but Vedere goes above and beyond the call of duty. His cutting, frenetic flow and abrasive, gritty lyrics leave Alex Isaac‘s lurching beat on its last legs. All Gibbs has to do is finish the job… and believe me, he does. (I believe this is what you call a “Rapper for Hire.”) Feeling it? Then watch our pages in the coming weeks for the latest on Vedere’s Bittersweet Victory project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Alright" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.