When Freddie Gibbs is attached to a track, it is advised that you grab a helmet and brace for impact. Every time he steps to the mic, he devours the beat with a rugged, unapologetic flow. Well, on Out of Focus, he is fighting for the scraps left over from the headliner, Noelz Vedere. It takes a lot to match Gibbs’s intensity, but Vedere goes above and beyond the call of duty. His cutting, frenetic flow and abrasive, gritty lyrics leave Alex Isaac‘s lurching beat on its last legs. All Gibbs has to do is finish the job… and believe me, he does. (I believe this is what you call a “Rapper for Hire.”) Feeling it? Then watch our pages in the coming weeks for the latest on Vedere’s Bittersweet Victory project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Alright" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.