Its a question that’s been asked since the dawn of time, but never settled: are artistic geniuses—in this case, hip-hop prodigies—made, or are they born? If Noelz’ story is any indication, the answer is “both.” Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Days Go By finds the spitter telling his life (and pre-life) story with a little help from the woman who knows him better than anyone else. With Bravestarr‘s smooth, head-nodic production as a canvas, the Windy City buzzmaker trades autobiographical bars with his own mother. (Before you ask, no, she doesn’t flow.) The result is a fascinating series of snapshots from the artist’s ongoing journey to stardom—from Mrs. Noelz playing her favorite music for him while he was still in the womb, to the precocious, grade-school Noelz, “[envisioning his] big wheel was a Bentley,” to the budding emcee as a teenage ladies’ man. Noelz himself sums it up on the airy hook, “Funny how these days go by…” Feeling this musical trip down Memory Lane? You can find this record, the previously-featured Be Alright and much more on his DJBooth-sponsored The Popular Kid LP, scheduled to hit our front page April 24 for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Alright" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)