When it comes to disrespecting women, modern pop culture offers a colloquialism for every occasion – with many of the catchiest, most colorful specimens popularized by urban music. Along with your usual female dogs and gardening implements, term like “jump-off,” “baby mama” and “chicken head” (not positive about that last one) have become ubiquitous in conversation… but does that make using them right? Noel Gourdin thinks not; on his latest single the crooner who brought us The River (way) back in 2008 resolves to quit making excuses and start calling his girl what she really is: Beautiful. Over Marcus “DL” Siskind and Ryan Toby‘s smooth-and-classy soul backdrop, the recent eOne signee gives guys a lesson on treating a woman like she deserves to be treated – and reminds ladies who may have forgotten how it feels. In the process, he delivers all the vocal fireworks an R&B-lover could ask for, lacing the beat with understated melisma and pristine harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Noel Gourdin’s forthcoming full-length, Fresh: The Definition, scheduled to hit stores April 12.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent./eOne
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The River ft. Arama Brown" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.