When it comes to disrespecting women, modern pop culture offers a colloquialism for every occasion – with many of the catchiest, most colorful specimens popularized by urban music. Along with your usual female dogs and gardening implements, term like “jump-off,” “baby mama” and “chicken head” (not positive about that last one) have become ubiquitous in conversation… but does that make using them right? Noel Gourdin thinks not; on his latest single the crooner who brought us The River (way) back in 2008 resolves to quit making excuses and start calling his girl what she really is: Beautiful. Over Marcus “DL” Siskind and Ryan Toby‘s smooth-and-classy soul backdrop, the recent eOne signee gives guys a lesson on treating a woman like she deserves to be treated – and reminds ladies who may have forgotten how it feels. In the process, he delivers all the vocal fireworks an R&B-lover could ask for, lacing the beat with understated melisma and pristine harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Noel Gourdin’s forthcoming full-length, Fresh: The Definition, scheduled to hit stores April 12.
Listen to More: Noel Gourdin
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Mass Appeal Ent./eOne
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The River ft. Arama Brown" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.