When it comes to disrespecting women, modern pop culture offers a colloquialism for every occasion – with many of the catchiest, most colorful specimens popularized by urban music. Along with your usual female dogs and gardening implements, term like “jump-off,” “baby mama” and “chicken head” (not positive about that last one) have become ubiquitous in conversation… but does that make using them right? Noel Gourdin thinks not; on his latest single the crooner who brought us The River (way) back in 2008 resolves to quit making excuses and start calling his girl what she really is: Beautiful. Over Marcus “DL” Siskind and Ryan Toby‘s smooth-and-classy soul backdrop, the recent eOne signee gives guys a lesson on treating a woman like she deserves to be treated – and reminds ladies who may have forgotten how it feels. In the process, he delivers all the vocal fireworks an R&B-lover could ask for, lacing the beat with understated melisma and pristine harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Noel Gourdin’s forthcoming full-length, Fresh: The Definition, scheduled to hit stores April 12.
Listen to More: Noel Gourdin Written by richard
Mass Appeal Ent./eOne
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The River ft. Arama Brown" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.