When it comes to disrespecting women, modern pop culture offers a colloquialism for every occasion – with many of the catchiest, most colorful specimens popularized by urban music. Along with your usual female dogs and gardening implements, term like “jump-off,” “baby mama” and “chicken head” (not positive about that last one) have become ubiquitous in conversation… but does that make using them right? Noel Gourdin thinks not; on his latest single the crooner who brought us The River (way) back in 2008 resolves to quit making excuses and start calling his girl what she really is: Beautiful. Over Marcus “DL” Siskind and Ryan Toby‘s smooth-and-classy soul backdrop, the recent eOne signee gives guys a lesson on treating a woman like she deserves to be treated – and reminds ladies who may have forgotten how it feels. In the process, he delivers all the vocal fireworks an R&B-lover could ask for, lacing the beat with understated melisma and pristine harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Noel Gourdin’s forthcoming full-length, Fresh: The Definition, scheduled to hit stores April 12.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Ent./eOne
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The River ft. Arama Brown" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.