To paraphrase a common complaint of old-school heads, rap just ain’t what it used to be—once raw and authentic, the genre has (they claim) transformed into a glossy, mass-produced simulacrum of its former self. On 1983 Old School Chick, a world premiere off beatsmith Nobody Famous’ forthcoming Booth-sponsored mixtape, SoCal phenom Wax and comedian Andy Milonakis extend that argument to the realm of women, longing for a day when females didn’t feel the need to distort their natural beauty. First to flow over the ATL beatsmith’s bouncy boom-bap grooves, the man who brought us Eviction Notice and Scrublife spends his opener fantasizing about a “1983 Playboy centerfold” with “natural tits,” collagen-free lips and a “big-ass bush” for good measure. Milonakis brings his own brand of shock humor to the back, calling out the “fake sl*tbags” of today (and enjoying a little Atari) in his trademark, eternally-adolescent flow. If this quirky unreleased jam’s piqued your interest, you can look forward to more dope surprises on Nobody Famous’ Life and Times of Reggie tape, set to hit our mixtape page this Thursday for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.