On his first Booth feature, San Bernadino repper Noa James pays musical tribute to one of his chief influences: his late grandfather, Brezell Allen. With the mellow, guitar-laced production of Curtiss King as his backdrop, the up-and-coming emcee informs listeners just how profound of an impact Mr. Jones, and the rest of his family, has on his artistic vision and life path. Ms. James ties the record together with a smooth, soulful hook. Those digging this standout cut can hear more on the artist’s Intelligent, Elegant, Elephant: Humble Power EP, released May 3, and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
Black Cloud Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)