On his first Booth feature, San Bernadino repper Noa James pays musical tribute to one of his chief influences: his late grandfather, Brezell Allen. With the mellow, guitar-laced production of Curtiss King as his backdrop, the up-and-coming emcee informs listeners just how profound of an impact Mr. Jones, and the rest of his family, has on his artistic vision and life path. Ms. James ties the record together with a smooth, soulful hook. Those digging this standout cut can hear more on the artist’s Intelligent, Elegant, Elephant: Humble Power EP, released May 3, and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Black Cloud Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.