On his first Booth feature, San Bernadino repper Noa James pays musical tribute to one of his chief influences: his late grandfather, Brezell Allen. With the mellow, guitar-laced production of Curtiss King as his backdrop, the up-and-coming emcee informs listeners just how profound of an impact Mr. Jones, and the rest of his family, has on his artistic vision and life path. Ms. James ties the record together with a smooth, soulful hook. Those digging this standout cut can hear more on the artist’s Intelligent, Elegant, Elephant: Humble Power EP, released May 3, and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Black Cloud Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.