Though the brothers Thornton have been concentrating on their respective solo hustles of late, they still seem to be on a similar creative wavelength. As Pusha T prepares to drop a mixtape with the Old Testament-referencing title Wrath of Caine, Clipse partner-in-rhyme No Malice steps into the Booth with a Biblically-inspired single off his own forthcoming set. Smoke & Mirrors begins with the emcee reading from 1 Corinthians over a backdrop of haunting choral harmonies. Then !llmind‘s beat drops and the record begins in earnest, with Malice trading fire and brimstone-soaked verses with Re-Up Gang colleague Ab-Liva. In addition to appearing on the headliner’s Hear Ye Him LP, this cut is slated to be included on Liva’s The Truth Shall Set You Free LP. Keep it locked for details on both of these currently-unscheduled projects.
Written by richard on 01/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.