While most artists in hip-hop would never admit to being unable to “buy out the bar,” that is exactly the message of Queens-natives Stress, Sean Strange, Raida and O-Doub of No Good People on their new cut, Chug. Off their forthcoming debut, the foursome has capitalized on their momentum after finding themselves as finalists in Rolling Rock Presents: Original Sessions National Band Search. Being honored by a renowned beer company is no doubt special, but the members of No Good People are in it for much more. Since 65 percent of Americans (of the proper age) drink on an occasional basis, Chug is a perfect ode to an alcohol-influenced society without the over-used clichés of hip-hop’s bottle poppin’ image. Cheers to that!
Written by DJ Z on 12/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where Your From" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.