While most artists in hip-hop would never admit to being unable to “buy out the bar,” that is exactly the message of Queens-natives Stress, Sean Strange, Raida and O-Doub of No Good People on their new cut, Chug. Off their forthcoming debut, the foursome has capitalized on their momentum after finding themselves as finalists in Rolling Rock Presents: Original Sessions National Band Search. Being honored by a renowned beer company is no doubt special, but the members of No Good People are in it for much more. Since 65 percent of Americans (of the proper age) drink on an occasional basis, Chug is a perfect ode to an alcohol-influenced society without the over-used clichés of hip-hop’s bottle poppin’ image. Cheers to that!
Written by DJ Z on 12/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where Your From" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.