While most artists in hip-hop would never admit to being unable to “buy out the bar,” that is exactly the message of Queens-natives Stress, Sean Strange, Raida and O-Doub of No Good People on their new cut, Chug. Off their forthcoming debut, the foursome has capitalized on their momentum after finding themselves as finalists in Rolling Rock Presents: Original Sessions National Band Search. Being honored by a renowned beer company is no doubt special, but the members of No Good People are in it for much more. Since 65 percent of Americans (of the proper age) drink on an occasional basis, Chug is a perfect ode to an alcohol-influenced society without the over-used clichés of hip-hop’s bottle poppin’ image. Cheers to that!
Written by DJ Z on 12/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where Your From" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.