Stress, Dr. Sean Strange, ODoub and Raida claim to be No Good People, but it looks like they may have to rethink the intimidating stage name – the Big Apple natives’ latest single is a little more sensitive than street. Nice guys or not, the up-and-coming foursome haven’t lost any of their on-the-mic prowess in the 12 months since they stepped into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle (No Good). Backed by the subdued, string-driven boardwork of Concept (who also manned the boards on NGP’s hard-drinking Booth debut), the emcees express their feelings to the woman who’s supported them through good times and bad, expressing remorse for past quarrels and promising to provide for her when they hit it big: “I know you don’t need things, the Benzes, the Porsches, but I’ll give you the world when I can afford it.” Topped off with a smooth R&B hook by City High alumnus Robbie Pardlo, this cut seems perfectly tuned to strike a chord with female listeners and the fellas who love them. If Build You Up succeeds in tugging your heartstrings, why not pick up a copy of The Morning After when it hits stores and online retailers this summer?
Listen to More: No Good People
Written by richard on 02/4/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.