Stress, Dr. Sean Strange, ODoub and Raida claim to be No Good People, but it looks like they may have to rethink the intimidating stage name – the Big Apple natives’ latest single is a little more sensitive than street. Nice guys or not, the up-and-coming foursome haven’t lost any of their on-the-mic prowess in the 12 months since they stepped into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle (No Good). Backed by the subdued, string-driven boardwork of Concept (who also manned the boards on NGP’s hard-drinking Booth debut), the emcees express their feelings to the woman who’s supported them through good times and bad, expressing remorse for past quarrels and promising to provide for her when they hit it big: “I know you don’t need things, the Benzes, the Porsches, but I’ll give you the world when I can afford it.” Topped off with a smooth R&B hook by City High alumnus Robbie Pardlo, this cut seems perfectly tuned to strike a chord with female listeners and the fellas who love them. If Build You Up succeeds in tugging your heartstrings, why not pick up a copy of The Morning After when it hits stores and online retailers this summer?
Written by richard on 02/4/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.