Stress, Dr. Sean Strange, ODoub and Raida claim to be No Good People, but it looks like they may have to rethink the intimidating stage name – the Big Apple natives’ latest single is a little more sensitive than street. Nice guys or not, the up-and-coming foursome haven’t lost any of their on-the-mic prowess in the 12 months since they stepped into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle (No Good). Backed by the subdued, string-driven boardwork of Concept (who also manned the boards on NGP’s hard-drinking Booth debut), the emcees express their feelings to the woman who’s supported them through good times and bad, expressing remorse for past quarrels and promising to provide for her when they hit it big: “I know you don’t need things, the Benzes, the Porsches, but I’ll give you the world when I can afford it.” Topped off with a smooth R&B hook by City High alumnus Robbie Pardlo, this cut seems perfectly tuned to strike a chord with female listeners and the fellas who love them. If Build You Up succeeds in tugging your heartstrings, why not pick up a copy of The Morning After when it hits stores and online retailers this summer?
Written by richard on 02/4/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)